Agriculture may be the backbone of Indian economy but its contribution to the overall GDP of the country is mere 14 percent. This is because our agriculture sector is plagued by issues like fragmented land holdings, obsolete irrigation processes, sustainability problems, to name a few. To stop this, we must find ways that would make this sector profitable.
After extensive research, we found out that developing organized agrofarms is one of the ways we can guarantee good returns on investment from farmlands. However, development of organized agrofarms involves a lot of vital factors which we will discuss in this post.
1. Identification of Land: The first hurdle in setting up an organized farm is to find a suitable land. This entails checking critical factors like connectivity from tar road, distance from the point of sale of produce and customers as well as distance from major industrial developments.
2. Fencing: Fencing is critical for the protection of property. When the land is identified and rights are transferred, a land surveyor must be employed to mark the boundary of the agricultural land.
3. Soil Identification: Understanding soil type helps in choosing the crops to be grown in the land. There are two types of soil found in the region – Red soil and Black soil. Soil that bind together to form loose, granular aggregates about the size of cookie crumbs and hold moisture and nutrients is ideal for plant growth.
4. Availability of Skilled Manpower: The scarcity of skilled manpower is another factor to consider. Without the availability of trained resources, it will not be easy to run the farm operations smoothly.
5. Land Development: Leveling the land to avoid soil erosion by water is vital for success of organized farming. The area must be properly treated and restored to its original fertility.
6. Crop Maintenance: Sowing the seeds of good returns is not enough. Scheduling for fertilizers and assigning the task of maintenance to an expert must be done to prevent diseases and ensure proper growth of crops.
7. Agricultural Marketing: No matter how fruitful your produce is, the absence of sound marketing facilities may fail to achieve the desired outcome. The involvement of middlemen only adds to the burden on the consumers.
At AGROCORP, we have taken care of all these aspects, and much more, to make investments in our organized agrofarms profitable for our investors. From purchase of land to sale of produce, we have got everything covered. For more info, please feel free to contact us.