In the phase of modern farming, there remains hardly any piece of land that is clean and unaffected from harmful pesticides and chemicals. Chemical fertilizers and other modern farming techniques help to generate considerable revenue from crops, but the overall quality of the soil diminishes in the process, which ultimately affects the crop production in the long run. Conservation agriculture has emerged as a remedy to crop quality loss as it promotes sustainable use of soil.
What is Conservation Agriculture (CA)?
Conservation agriculture advocates that the soil must not be treated in a harsh manner and farming should be in a natural way as far as possible. This includes:
• Minimum tilling which requires disturbing only the topmost layer of the soil just to ensure that the seeds get enough moisture to grow.
• Multiple cropping and crop rotation to enrich soil with nutrients.
• Maintaining a soil cover by either sowing a cover crop or using the residue of the harvested crop.
• Controlling pests that destroy the quality of crop.
• Using only organic manure.
• Limited use of machines for irrigation and cultivation purposes so as to keep the soil cover intact.
• Less human activity on the farms.
Benefits of Conservation Agriculture
CA helps to grow crops is a natural manner which ultimately builds up the quality of the soil. It needs no or minimum use of machinery and power, and thus is a good farming alternative for all those farmers who depend on cattle and manual labor for agriculture. CA is also beneficial for environment as it checks the emission of greenhouse gases and lessens the use of fossil fuels.
AGROCOPRP uses Conservation Agriculture in the form of farming techniques like multi cropping, mixed cropping, crop rotation, organic farming etc. to grow crops in a natural manner, as we know very well that a healthy crop grown with minimum use of chemical fertilizers brings huge profits. For our investors, we offer the options to invest in the farming of plywood tree Melia Dubia and certain cash crops like turmeric, tomatoes, ginger, gherkin and so on.
Contact us at email@example.com or call on 70930 64464 to join us in our organic farming venture!