Maize or corn is the third important cereal cash crop in India after wheat and rice. It is a Kharif crop and needs a generous rainfall for its growth. The optimum temperature for growth of maize is 22-30 degree Celsius but it can also tolerate temperature up to 35 degree Celsius.
Corn has many health benefits. It –
• cuts the risk of heart diseases as it helps in reducing bad cholesterol in our body
• contains a lot of fibre and thus improves digestion
• keeps eyes healthy
• helps control Alzheimer’s disease
• helps fight cancer and makes our immune system strong
• keeps our skin and hair healthy
A large part of corn produced is consumed by poultry.
Corn flour, baby corn, sweet corn and pop corn are various forms in which maize is consumed by human population. Corn also makes good fodder for animals.
Corn serves as a raw material for various industries:
• Almost one-tenth of total maize production goes in the making of starch.
• It is used in the production of alcoholic beverages.
• Oil and artificial sweeteners are also made from corn.
• Cosmetic, pharmaceutical, textile, gum and film industries use corn as a raw material.
• It is also used in the manufacturing of paper and packaging material
Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka are the major producers of maize in India. These states receive regular showers of rainfall and have an average temperature of 26 degree Celsius almost throughout the year making them favourable for the growth of maize. Keeping these factors in mind, AGROCORP chose to grow maize in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
AGROCOPRP produces major cash crops like maize, chilli, tomato, turmeric, ginger and gherkin for its investors. Upon maturity, the investors can earn a good profit. We strive hard to promote agro farming and contribute to the future agricultural demand of the nation.
Mail us at email@example.com or call on 70930 64464 for agriculture investment with AGROCORP.